- Criminal Law
Serving as an Assistant District Attorney for 18 years, Brent Stockstill personally handled hundreds of felony cases and thousands of misdemeanor cases resulting in more trial experience than most attorneys gain in a lifetime. Brent's years of experience as a prosecutor has given him unique insight into the customs and methods of our local court system as well as establishing a solid reputation for successful outcomes within the legal community.
While Brent assisted in the training of many of the E.B.R. Parish Assistant D.A.'s currently in office, he developed a complete understanding of the prosecution's methods of pleading and trying cases. Brent observed many common inaccuracies of defense litigation as well. He utilizes his keen insight of both sides of litigation to identify weaknesses of opposing counsel. He determines and effectively addresses the legal issues at hand ensuring solid defense strategies as a result.
Brent's experience enables him to provide a solid defense for his clients. He will not just stand next to you in court. He will thoroughly investigate your case using his years of experience and connections. He will contest the introduction of the evidence against you to the fullest of the law. He will challenge the accuracy of testimony and the credibility of witnesses.
The trial expertise developed in criminal court transfers to all personal injury and civil litigation. In civil legal matters, the final result is determined by how effective your attorney is at trial. The opposing attorney knows if you have a lawyer that seeks a settlement or if your lawyer is seeking to maximize your recovery by trial. Brent's trial experience will give you maximum results. With a strong reputation as a trial attorney and a solid record of successful outcomes, Brent's experience will ensure effective representation. He has a true understanding of what it takes to successfully represent his clients.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1989
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Business Administration
- Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2008
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1989
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, 1989
- East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney, Section Chief, 1996 to 2008
- East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 1989 to 1996
Fraternities or Sororities